Heart Burn and Acid Reflex can cause a burning sensation and a tightness in your chest. The first few times this happens people think there is a problem with their heart. First time when i experienced this sensation I freaked and thought I was having a heart attack. I went to the drug store for some reason and the pharmacist said it most likely is a bad case of heart burn. He recommended a bottle of pepcid and shortly after relief set in both physically and mentally.
Causes of Heart Burn and Acid Reflux
- Backflow of digestive juices.
- There are abdominal muscles that are responsible for ensuring that nothing leaves the stomach and goes back up to the esophagus. When these muscles do not function as they should, there will be a backflow of digestive juices from the stomach to the esophagus. These juices are mainly acidic in nature, which explains why one is likely to feel a burning sensation when they have heartburn.
- Vigorous exercise after eating
- Heart Burn is not some condition that develops and can be cured permanently. The vigorous exercise may be the reason why the digestive juices flow back into the esophagus which will cause heartburn.
- lying down immediately after eating
- The position that one will be in when he or she lies down will make it possible for him or she to develop heartburn because lying down enables the digestive juices to flow back easily.
In conclusion, there is a lot of information that one has to acquire in order to fully understand what heartburn is. By understanding it, one will be able to avoid it or know how to manage it in case he or she develops it. One will also be able to differentiate between heartburn and other chest or heart ailments.
Home Remedies you can Try when you have Heart Burn or Acid Reflux
Although there are similarities medically they are diffent and thus have different treatments.
Here Some Remedies Common To Both
- Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Just add a couple of tablespoons to a glass of water and drink after each meal.
- Baking Soda
- Try a couple of teaspoons with water or add one to te apple cider vinegar
- Found mostly in health food stores. This will help with any damage to the lining of your esophagus
and any pain associated with heart burn.
- Aloe Vera
- This is known for its healing properties. Most of the time you will find it used in a liquid form. When it comes to acid reflux though you can make a great concoction at home. Start with fresh aloe vera and remove the skin from it. Add some water to it and blend it all up. It doesn’t taste like much of anything but it can really help to heal up the esophagus as well as to aid with digestion.
Here are a few more
- Many people claim eating an apple a day.
- Some say taking vitamin B12 can work.
- Drink more water and add green tea
If you suffer from acid reflux or heart burn then you have nothing to lose by trying various home remedies. You just might come across one that helps you reduce the occurrence of it. You can also reduce the severity of your acid reflux which is important since such attacks can last for several hours.
Best of Luck and check out my acid reflux site under categories.
Word Count 660